Need a quick and easy family activity? Grab five plastic cups and you’re ready to play. Who will have the best flipping and stacking skills in your family?
What You’ll Need
How to Play
1. Gather five cups; place one upside down.
2. Flip the other cups until they land upside down on top of the main cup, eventually creating a stack of five.
3. Make it easier by placing the main cup on a small water bottle to hold it in place. Make it harder by requiring two or more flips in the air before the cup lands.
1. Set a timer and see who can stack the most cups during that time.
2. Bounce cups onto the main cup. It helps to put an item inside to stabilize it.
3. Place the main cup at an angle on a water bottle.
It’s much easier to stack the cups when the main cup is stabilized and grounded. What things best help you stay grounded when potential challenges could knock you over or push you around? Why can those things help keep you centered on what matters most?
Why This Activity Matters
If you have some children who like science and some who like art, this is a great way to bring them both together and help them see how their various interests can work together. What other collaboration might it spark among their interests?
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on the links in this article, I may receive a small commission though it will not cost you any extra. Links like these help me continue to bring you free content. Thanks for your support!