Looking for service ideas you can do at or around home during the Coronavirus quarantine? Try one of the 50 ideas below!
You can download the list here.
>> Sign up for our weekly newsletter for more ideas,
or check out our daily blog with family activity ideas. <<
- Write a thank-you note to a teacher.
- Put a happy quote on your mailbox for your mail carrier to see; rotate it regularly.
- Write a song and send it in a voicemail to someone—even if it’s a simple parody based on your favorite tunes.
- Create a playlist on YouTube of your favorite music, how-tos, or funny videos and share it with others.
- Safely put a happy message on your car to help others smile as you drive by.
- Wash the outside windows on your neighbors’ homes (ask them first).
- Take pictures of flowers and text them in a digital bouquet to someone.
- Create small posters with happy messages for a retirement center.
- Assemble backpacks with 72-hour emergency supplies for a shelter.
- Weed someone’s flower bed.
- Read a story to a child over a video chat.
- Build a birdhouse or feeder.
- Create uplifting signs on cardstock, attach them to skewer sticks, and place them in neighbors’ yards.
- Create a game or toy for a neighbor. Or, download some of our games for them without leaving home.
- Help a family member with a talent they are working on.
- Put away the dishes.
- Plant a tree or create an herb or vegetable garden that could help someone else.
- Put your phone away when you’re talking with someone face-to-face.
- Find clothes or toys in your closet that you can donate.
- Take a walk and smile/wave at people who drive by.
- Text a joke to someone.
- Crochet hats for the homeless to use next winter.
- Wash the car.
- Pick up litter (use gloves).
- Learn basic phrases in another language so you can assist others in the future.
- Organize a group aerobics class to enjoy over video chat.
- Pay for the person behind you in a drive-thru.
- Put someone’s garbage can away after the truck comes.
- Ask someone how he or she is doing, and listen.
- Send someone an e-gift card to a small business.
- Put together a list of emergency numbers in your community and post it on your community’s Facebook page.
- Write a note to someone you admire and tell him or her why.
- Write cheerful notes on the sidewalk.
- Let someone else have the last treat.
- Say only nice things the entire day.
- Leave an online review for a small business you have enjoyed working with.
- Create a piece of art for a grandparent.
- Find a cause online to donate to.
- Apologize to someone you have hurt.
- Write notes to soldiers.
- Like and comment on someone’s social media post who could use a pick-me-up. Or send a direct message.
- Write down some favorite family stories in a family history.
- Create and post a picture quote on social media.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Create paper-bag puppets and record a video skit with them; share it with children in your family or neighborhood.
- Say thank you to anyone who prepares your food.
- Go caroling on the sidewalk or play a musical instrument—with holiday music or your favorite everyday music.
- Ask a teacher if you can do anything to help with lesson prep.
- Plan an at-home “spa day” for family members.
- Tell your family members what you love about them.
You May Also Like
Coronavirus Quarantine Journaling Prompts We’re living in such a unique time in history. And while certain thoughts are strong in our minds right now, in the future some memories will fade. Help your family capture their thoughts while they’re fresh on their minds. These three printable coronavirus-quarantine journaling prompts will help make it easy and approachable.
Emoji Emotions Game to Help Talk about Feelings
The Emoji Emotions game helps your family talk about their emotions in a FUN way! If you like Apples to Apples, you’ll love this downloadable game! Learn more.