Whether you’re looking for a trick-or-treat alternative, a teen Halloween party idea, or a great Halloween adventure for adults, our “Goblin Tricks and Treats” Halloween Escape Room will be an evening nobody will forget! I’ve made it super easy to know how to create this Halloween escape room with our printable clues, step-by-step instructions, and even a video tutorial to walk you through the process. All of the supplies are listed below and categorized by where to buy them. This easy DIY escape room will take your Halloween celebration to the next level for anybody ages 8 and up! (Stay tuned next week for an adventure designed for younger children!)
As a bonus, many of the supplies can be reused, so we’ll be creating more fun escape rooms you can DIY in no time with these locks and treasure chests in the future!
Purchase the complete set of PRINTABLE PDFs here.
Supplies (Categorized by Store)
• Printables for the “Goblin Tricks and Treats” Halloween escape room
• Two lockable treasure chests. (I went ahead and bought the set of 6 treasure chests, though, because we’ll be doing more escape rooms in the future and this set is more cost effective. The set of six will ship faster if you're in a time crunch.)
• Lock with a key (We used this set because we plan to use it for more escape rooms in the future, but you could also get a lock and key at the Dollar Tree.)
• 3-digit combination locks—set of 8 (We use six locks in this escape room.)
• Dry-erase marker (Or find one at the dollar store.)
• Sharpie (black)
• Halloween book(s)
• Glass pumpkin or glass candy jar that resembles a pumpkin
• Candy corn
• Orange paint (or find it on Amazon here)
• Paint in one other color
• Green poster board
• Brownie mix
• Ghost marshmallows (optional)
• Small hair tie
• Glass jar
• Additional Halloween decor if desired
• Notepad and pen
All the steps you need to put together this easy DIY escape room are in the printable PDF! We hope you have so much fun with this festive Halloween party!
You May also Like
Monster Treasure Hunt for a Monster Party, or Trick-or-Treat Alternative for a Halloween Party
Welcome to the Monster Treasure Hunt—a Halloween party pack for children! This all-inclusive monster party pack will lead participants through SEVEN clues (with FIVE games or activities!) to help them find the monster's treasure! Get the printable party pack.
While 2020 has brought much that’s unexpected, we can help direct some of that unexpectedness into positive memories. Whether your family will be able to enjoy trick-or-treating and fall festivals or not, you can help create a lasting memory this season with an unexpected “traveling prize pumpkin!”
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on the links in this article, I may receive a small commission though it will not cost you any extra. Links like these help me continue to bring you free content. Thanks for your support!