You can create your own Kerplunk marble game with a festive Halloween twist using Dollar Tree pumpkins! It’s perfect for a Halloween party game! In the classic game, you balance several marbles on sticks inside a cylinder and then try to remove a stick without making any marbles fall; if they fall on your turn, you have to keep them. The person with the fewest marbles at the end of the game wins.
In this version, we’re using pumpkins as our cylinder and chopsticks as our sticks!
Here’s how to create your own Kerplunk game for a Halloween party:
1. Cut a circle from the top and bottom of one Dollar Tree styrofoam pumpkin.
2. Cut a circle from the top of a second styrofoam pumpkin. On the same pumpkin, cut off the bottom so it lies flat on the table and then cut blocks or arches from the bottom where marbles can escape when they drop from the top.
3. Trace the bottom of the second circle onto cardstock and cut out the circle. Then cut a slit from one edge to the center of the circle; overlap the two sides and tape them together. This will create a dome pyramid that moves the falling marbles from the inside outward through the cutout blocks or arches of the second pumpkin.
4. Push several chopsticks through the sides of the first pumpkin to create the place where the marbles will be held.
5. Arrange the game as follows: Paper plate (so marbles don’t roll away), cardstock pyramid, second pumpkin, first pumpkin. Then carefully add marbles through the hole at the top of the first pumpkin.
6. Have players take turns removing one chopstick at a time. If marbles drop when their chopstick is removed, they keep those marbles. The person with the fewest marbles at the end of the game wins!
You can watch a video of this process on our Instagram page (and don’t forget to follow our account while you’re there!).
You May also Like
Whether you’re looking for a trick-or-treat alternative, a teen Halloween party idea, or a great Halloween adventure for adults, our “Goblin Tricks and Treats” Halloween Escape Room will be an evening nobody will forget! I’ve made it super easy to know how to create this Halloween escape room with our printable clues, step-by-step instructions, and even a video tutorial to walk you through the process.
While 2020 has brought much that’s unexpected, we can help direct some of that unexpectedness into positive memories. Whether your family will be able to enjoy trick-or-treating and fall festivals or not, you can help create a lasting memory this season with an unexpected “traveling prize pumpkin!”
For an easy "Minute to Win It" Halloween party game, pick up a styrofoam pumpkin from the Dollar Tree and collect a few pennies. Then follow our easy instructions for this Halloween party game!