Making DIY window clings is so easy! And there’s nothing like a personal touch for a handmade gift to show someone how much you love them. The same is true for Father’s Day! Make some DIY window clings that Dad can put on the kitchen window, office window, or rear window of his car to always remember how much you love him.
These DIY window clings are easily made with just glue, food dye, and dish soap.
• Page protector, plastic baggie, or wax paper (not parchment paper).
• Cookie cutters (optional)
1. Pour a small circle of white glue (about 2 TBS) onto a paper plate.
2. Add a couple drops of dish soap.
3. Add a drop or two of food coloring; note: the color will likely dry a little darker than what you first see.
4. Mix the glue, dish soap, and food coloring together with a paintbrush. Then use the paintbrush to start drawing your window cling design onto a page protector, plastic baggie, or wax paper.
TIP: Keep the design thin so it dries quickly.
TIP: If you want the design seen from the outside of the window (such as on a car window), paint the design backward.
5. Let your easy DIY window cling dry for 48 hours and then peel it off the plastic. Dad can now add your DIY window cling to a home window or car window. (Note: If placed in a car window, make sure it does not block the driver’s view and meets all safety requirements by law.)
I've had these in the car and a home window in 90-degree weather, and so far they're holding up great. That being said, check them every so often if you leave them up after Father's Day to make sure they don't start to stick permanently. I put up some removable store-bought clings from the store over a year ago, and now they're a permanent part of my car (until I scrape them off). ;)
1. Use an already existing piece of artwork as a template. Place it under the plastic and then trace your design over it.
2. Pour your glue mixture into cookie cutters to hold their shape; remember to keep the layer thin.
Your words of love will follow Dad everywhere if placed in his car. What do you do to make sure others feel your love wherever they go?
Why This Matters
Personalized gifts allow you to show those you love precisely what it is you love about them!
You May also Like
Burger Flip is the perfect easy family game for barbecues, summer parties, and holidays. Families, children, and teens will all enjoy this printable game that has you flipping your burger to perfection. Simply print out the PDF, cut out your burger pieces, and grab a spatula, then you’re ready to play! Download the best printable game for your next summer barbecue!
Finding the best gifts for dads and grandpas can be hard, especially for the man who already has everything. But don’t feel like you need to buy something. Try one or many of our 105+ free gifts or service ideas for dads and grandpas on Father’s Day.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on the links in this article, I may receive a small commission though it will not cost you any extra. Links like these help me continue to bring you free content. Thanks for your support!