Words help us form phrases each day. But this game features a role reversal that’s all about finding how the phrase can form words!
What You’ll Need
Everything you need for this game comes from the Game Pantry!
- Letter cards (The Ultimate Letter Card Game Deck is downloadable at FamilyFED.com.)
How to Play
1. Create a phrase with letter cards.
2. Take turns forming words from the letters.
3. On each turn, total the points from any cards used (cards without numbers count as one point). Words with six or more letters earn a bonus point.
4. Keep playing each round until someone can’t think of a word or repeats a word.
5. The highest score after four rounds wins.
1. Earn an extra point for using words you know but others need to check in the dictionary (e.g., “dour”).
2. Use a single word instead of a phrase at the beginning of each round.
3. Fast Play: Have everyone write down as many words as they can from the letters in the phrase.
Every day we’ll face a variety of situations. No matter what we face, we can choose to see beneficial opportunities in them and re-create the experiences in a way that helps us grow. Just like you can look for new word opportunities in the phrase cards, how can you find and create positive opportunities in the circumstances you’re experiencing?
Why This Activity Matters
In addition to playing games simply for fun, it’s good to exercise your mind and make it look for patterns in new ways. This game provides that stretch opportunity, and it’s a fun spelling game for increasing vocabulary as well.