Learn basic construction skills to create this boredom-buster game with endless playing options.
What You’ll Need
- 2" x 4" x 4' board cut into three 16" blocks
- Small balls (I like these Ping-Pong balls)
- Sanding block
- Rubber bands
- Paint (optional)
How to Play
To prepare the game:
1. Cut a 2"x4"x4' board into three 16" sections.
2. Sand board.
3. Paint, if desired.
4. Measure and mark on both long sides at 4.5", 8.5", 11.5", and 13.5".
5. Add nails on marks.
6. Place rubber bands around nails.
Try to bounce a ball across the board, landing in all three sections.
1. Try to bounce balls and have them land in all sections.
2. Give sections point values and award points every time one is hit.
3. Try bouncing in various patterns within the sections.
Learning basic skills, like using a hammer and nails, can lead to additional opportunities (like playing a game). Are there any basic skills you'd like to learn? How can the skills you know help you bless your community in unexpected ways
Why This Activity Matters
Learning basic household skills, like using a hammer and nails, can be made more fun when you know there’s a prize at the end—a fun game that’s a perfect boredom buster!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on the links in this article, I may receive a small commission though it will not cost you any extra. Links like these help me continue to bring you free content. Thanks for your support!