Grab a yardstick and some plastic cups, then get ready for a challenge! How many cups can you balance? How fast can you do it?
What You’ll Need
- Plastic cups
How to Play
- Balance a yardstick on one or two fingers.
- Add one cup at a time until you can stack 10 cups across the entire yardstick.
To level up your game, try these challenges:
- Try balancing with your nondominant hand.
- Have someone guide you with your eyes closed.
- Lift the yardstick to eye level.
1. Balance the yardstick on the back of your hand.
2. Stack the cups inside each other.
3. Build a tower with the cups stacked in alternating directions.
Nothing is as constant as change! This game has you constantly reevaluating your balance point to keep the cups upright. How can you regularly evaluate the balance of everything in your life to stay centered with everything going on?
Why This Activity Matters
This game is perfect for reducing screen time. It can start out as a 5-minute family activity (to help draw your family together without much up-front commitment) but quickly turn into much longer play! Once your family starts playing, they’ll likely want to keep playing for a while because they’ll want to try new tricks and level-up challenges.
You May Also Like
Use plastic cups to see how quickly you can flip five of them on top of each other. Make it even more fun by requiring them to bounce onto the stack or flip off another kitchen item. Find more ideas in our full article!
Emoji Emotion game to help your family talk about their emotions in a FUN way!
Like Apples to Apples? Then be sure to check out our Emoji Emotions game to help your family create a safe place to talk about their feeling!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on the links in this article, I may receive a small commission though it will not cost you any extra. Links like these help me continue to bring you free content. Thanks for your support!