You found a pot of gold coins to share! But will the greedy leprechaun take it all first?
Get your download of the game here.
What You’ll Need
How to Play
Prep: Download and cut out the Greedy Leprechaun cards.
1. Place cards facedown and take turns choosing whether to draw a card or not. (Is it worth the risk?)
2. If you draw a coin card, place it in your pile.
3. If you draw the leprechaun card, you lose the gold in your pile (even from previous rounds) and the round is over.
4. Return the leprechaun to the center and start a new round with the remaining coins. The player with the most coins after five rounds wins.
1. Return the leprechaun’s gold to the center after each round.
2. Draw a clover on some of the coins. If drawn, the player gets a bonus draw.
3. Adjust the number of 1-, 2-, 3-, or 4-value coin cards or leprechaun cards to vary the risk versus reward.
You’ll face many opportunities that make you weigh the risk versus the reward. How can you determine what risks are worth it and what risks are not?
Why This Activity Matters
Mainly, because it’s fun to celebrate the holidays. ;) But a bonus is that it’s a great opportunity to talk about risk verses reward with a subject (the leprechaun) that’s fun, memorable, and not your children so they don’t feel like they’re getting a lecture. This game can help them see that every choice has a consequence. Sometimes we notice the consequence to our choice right away, while sometimes we don’t. And sometimes the wise choice is to not even take the risk at all—which brings a consequence in and of itself.