Unlike classic memory games, in this game you’re looking for MISmatched pairs that share nothing in common! When you find a pair of socks that share NO colors or patterns in common, you get to keep the pair! Playing the printable MISmatched Socks game is a perfect way to boost your brain and have fun at the same time!
• Downloadable and printable Mismatched Socks game
How to Play
1. Arrange cards facedown.
2. Take turns flipping over two cards.
3. If the cards are completely MISmatched (that is, no colors are repeated and the sock pattern is different), the player keeps the pair; otherwise, return the cards facedown.
4. When 10 cards remain, flip all cards faceup and race to find remaining MISmatches.
1. If playing with fewer cards, use the same number of cards for each pattern.
2. Before play, pick 3 colors. Any match with a sock in the 3 colors gets a bonus point.
3. For younger ages, find matches where two colors or the pattern match.
Switching up behaviors we’re used to—whether in a matching game or daily routine—helps the brain stay sharp. (How much harder was it to remember MISmatches because that’s not what we’re used to?) What things can you switch up in your routine to stimulate your brain, such as moving the garbage can or brushing your teeth with the other hand?
Why This Matters
It’s important to keep the brain sharp. This game gets it processing "matches" in a whole new way!
You May also Like
Cube Crash Downloadable Game
The Cube Crash downloadable game helps your family focus on finding the good even when things seem to come crashing down around them! Learn more!
Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza game review
Find out how to play one of our favorite card games for under $10! See why Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza is full of fun and laughter!