This easy and hilarious finish-the-sentence game is perfect for parties, family nights, road trips, and campouts to get the creativity and laughter flowing. Simply take turns having one person read a card and letting the other players come up with creative ways to finish the sentence to safely escape if a grizzly came a comin’!
How to Play
1. Each round, one player (rotated each round) reads a card aloud.
2. All other players complete the sentence with a practical or funny answer that would help them escape from a bear.
3. The person who read the card chooses which person is most likely to escape from the grizzly bear and gives that person the card.
4. The first to six cards wins.
- If a Grizzly Came a Comin’ printable game by Family FED
1. Rather than collect cards, whomever’s sentence is chosen reads the next card.
2. Don’t keep score at all; just enjoy hearing everyone’s sentence.
3. Add a challenge word and encourage players to include it in their answers.
Conversation Starter (IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE)
Discuss actual safety measures around bears. One popular rule of thumb is “If the bear is brown, lie down; if the bear is black, fight back,” but make sure to research safety measures in the area you’re staying. Don’t forget to keep your food stored away safely as well!
Why This Matters
This game is perfect for fostering creativity. It’s also a fun way to introduce the family to a conversation about actual bear safety.
You May also Like
For easy games for camping, try our simplified twist on Kendama. See how to make it with just marshmallows, dental floss, and a plastic spoon.
If you’re looking for a fun card game for your next family game night or party, try “Deer in the Headlights”! This game is a great game for campers, hunters, and everyone! It’s easy for all ages but still allows a little strategy in the game. We show you how to play the Deer in the Headlights card game!