Rather than race to the finish, focus on precision, patience, and strategy in this game that also helps you think about the balance in your life.
What You’ll Need
- Paint (optional)
How to Play
1. Gather several small rocks from your yard.
2. Paint them, if desired.*
3. Form a cairn with as many rocks as you can, playing with different formations.
*Did you know? Cairns are often used as landmarks. As you paint, consider something that represents a landmark change or experience in your life right now.
1. Have each family member choose 1–2 rocks; work together to create the cairn.
2. Assign each rock a number. Roll a die each turn to decide which remaining rock to play next.
3. Make it faster by skipping step two and leaving the rocks unpainted.
Why This Matters
Life is often fast-paced. It’s good to be reminded that some things take precision and a slow pace in order to create a meaningful landmark. Discuss the landmarks you can create in your life when you carefully evaluate which pieces in your life belong where and how they best fit together to stand at their best.
It’s often easy to start working faster than we are able. What does this activity teach you about slowing down, prioritizing sequence, and taking time to fit things into their proper place? Are there any landmark changes you should make to help balance your life?
You May Also Like
Cube Crash Downloadable Game
"Emoji Emotions" Downloadable Game to Talk with Your Family about Their Feelings