I’d originally planned a game for April Fool’s Day, but I just keep thinking that instead we may all benefit from spreading some joy today through expressing gratitude.
Let’s focus our April Fool’s Day on #ThanksOverPranks!
Find someone whom you can thank today. Consider using this image and texting it to a friend or posting it on social media and tagging someone you want to thank!
Here’s a list of people you might consider thanking today!
- Animal care workers:their jobs don’t stop even when zoos or pet stores close.
- Children:they’re doing fantastic adjusting to so many changes that they may not fully understand.
- Custodians and cleaners:they’re working tirelessly behind the scenes to keep everything safe.
- Customer service agents:they’re probably receiving a lot of extra calls from stressed individuals.
- Delivery personnel:they’re keeping essential deliveries going and even nonessential ones, too.
- Employers and business leaders: they’re doing so much to make sure everyone is taken care of and are also working through many new situations to allow flexible work.
- Friends:we’ve never appreciated more the blessing to have been able to give them a hug, and they’re helping us find joy each day.
- Government officials:they have so many, many decisions to make every day.
- Grocery store employees:they’re risking their health so we can all get needed supplies.
- Nurses, doctors, and medical personnel:they’re putting their health on the line to protect ours, and they’re working to come up with new solutions to save lives.
- Officers and first responders:they’re heroes every day of their lives—and so are their families.
- Parents:they can never receive enough thanks.
- Religious leaders:they’re helping everyone maintain faith and peace, and they’re guiding their congregations in safety.
- Spouse:your spouse is helping you get through some unique times while also adjusting to the changes as well.
- Teachers, principals, and school staff: this is all new for them, too, but they’re keeping things going and doing a great job at it.
- Yourself:you’re doing an amazing job with so many changes, too! Give yourself a pat on the back.
We could add a million more ideas to this list! Who are you sending a thanks to today? Share in a comment below.
Also, a big thanks to YOU for being part of the Family F.E.D. community! I am so glad to have you here!
You May Also Like
6 service ideas for lifting cheer during the Coronavirus—click here for fun downloads to accompany treats!